.

Monday, October 31, 2016

The Golden Dragon

My poetry prof tells us that great poems exit indoctrinate (us) how to read (a) poems agency as its read A great poem go forth t for each adept you how to read that particular propo investion poem before it is done. You become to let the poem teach you, and then absorb the watch of the poem. This is pretty similar to the movement that Roland Schimmelpfennigs The Golden Dragon had on me. This playfulness was a play that taught me how to watch the play as it was happening. \nI knew the play was spillage to be a only different experience than some(prenominal) play I had eer seen before the moment I walked in the door. Upon walking into the theatre, I was handed a grim take-out box that looked like it was from a Chinese restaurant. Unfortunately, instead of sustenance inside, there was a fare for supposition  slip. The food for thought slip, which was given to every someone that attended the play, created a curious start to the theatre experience. from each one sli p had a yell on it, a profession, and a place of origin for the person. It similarly had a little sanction about the persons assimilation into America. \nA few other things were cues that this was non going to be a normal play experience. The full stop jutted out into a stupendous control panel that audience members could sit around if they pleased. At each seat around the table there was a crustal plate filled with dirt. It didnt look so likeable, so I chose a normal seat in the audience. The set was gorgeous as well, with an elaborate oriental backcloth that had vibrant reds and was extremely appealing to the eye.\nWhen the play started, I was more or less immediately lost. I had no prior knowledge of either sort about the play, and only had time to sift by the playbook before the show began. It was initially tough to follow any of the characters, because only four actors were victorious care of more than a dozen roles. I didnt take care this fact at first, provi ded it didnt take a small-arm before I picked up the actors cues that they were covering more than one role. \nThe play is also...\n

No comments:

Post a Comment